Monday, December 05, 2005

My New Bike!


So after the world's longest and most infuriating travel experience I made it to the Bob Jackson Factory in Leeds, England to pick up my frame. The day I left the states I started by getting lost on my way to a meeting in Anacostia and then visited the following places in this order:
-National Airport (sat on tarmac for 5 hours)
-Newark Liberty International Airport (nearly strangled a ticket agent after i missed my connection to Manchester by 10 minutes)
-Downtown Newark- Shady hotel that the airline put me up in
-New York City! (i had a day to kill before the next flight to Manchester so i took my new friend and airplane-mate Martine on her first trip to the city)
-The Continental Airlines Business Class Lounge where I sat next to OJ Simpson
-FINALLY the Manchester International Airport
-11 Torbay Road (Craig's House) for a quick shower and a change of clothes
-Downtown Manchester for Lunch
-Piccadilly Station (train to Leeds)
-Leeds Station (train to Bramley)
Hurrah! The Bob Jackson Factory! Followed by a Pint at The Daisy- the scariest bar in the world- at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon I saw an old lady punch another old lady in the face. wow...
Needless to say i slept like a rock that night in Manchester. The frame and I made it home to DC in one piece- oh- and then i had the great idea to go to Baltimore to see LCD Soundsystem the night i returned. I guess you can sleep when you are dead right?

Big thanks to Paul at Citybikes for a couple of late nights getting her running and of course thanks to Craig for dragging my exhausted ass the final leg to Leeds and of course for waking me up at our train stop on the way back to Manchester that night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home